See Female Bodybuilder Photos And Pictures

Sunday, March 29, 2009



Training To Failure
The Rule of One Hundred
By Kevin Welsh

I've looked at many workout routines and many stress "training to
failure". "Training to failure" has always been described as doing
reps until you absolutely cannot get one more. But, how many is that?
I often found myself trying to guess for a particular exercise and
selected weight what number was going to be my "failure" point and I
would always try to get to that number and some how I would be
at "failure" when I hit that number. I bet I could've done more. I've
come up with a theory on how to break the "training to failure" platuea
many of us are probably on.

Recently I have started running. Not just on a treadmill but I entered
and completed my first marathon last year (time of 4:07:01). Not record
pace but not bad for a guy who at 5'8" was weighing in at a solid 225
when I took up running a couple years ago at the age of 30. Anyway, I
am training for another marathon again and during my training runs I
often find myself running as hard as I know I need to run to make it to
the finish. What I'm trying to say is that when you know where the
finish line is you work just hard enough to get there. When I am
running a route that I do not know I realize that my pace is quite
faster than when I run my usual recovery run route and I know all the
mileage markers. This got me thinking when I am "training to failure"
when I am in the gym.

For example, let's do flat chest dumbell presses. I know I can get
about 10 reps at 80lbs. So that number is precoded in my mind when I
am working to failure and I will only work as hard as necessary to
achieve my predetermined (mental) amount. Same as running my five
mile recover run. I know when I have only 1 mile remaining so I kind
of glide in, not really pushing since I know the finish is near.

I have started rethinking my "training to failure". I now start with
a number that I know is unatainable. I call it the "rule of one
hundred". I know I cannot get one hundred reps at 80lbs on flat bench
chest. However, I tell myself that is the number I am going for. I
begin and surprisingly enough I am getting past my 10 reps, more
around 14 now. Hmmm? Let's try that on shoulder press...wow, didn't
make one hundred but I can do a few more reps to failure than I
normally do. Let's take this outside...map a new route, 5 miles,
don't know the mile markers. Hmmm...might beat the 4 hour mark at
the marathon this year.

Happy training. Yes you can.

Special Big Arms Program

Add up to One-Half Inch of muscle on the arms in one day?
Believe it or not . . . it works!

Upper arm size and development is one of the most popular
(if not the most popular) of all muscle groups among "iron
game" enthusiasts. It is no small wonder that we are
constantly looking for that "secret exercise" or (even more
exciting) a "secret routine" that will increase upper arm size
dramatically.

The Special Big Arms Report/Neural One-Day Blitz System
is the most dynamic and unorthodox arm training system
available today for adding 1/2 inch to the arms in one day.

Make the next 24 hours the most productive ever in arm gains.

To receive Fast Access to this program go to Big Arms

Lose Fat, Gain Muscle, Shape Up. Sign up for our Free Weekly Bodybuilding,
Fitness and Health Tips Newsletter, and you will be automatically entered
in our monthly drawing to win Free Supplements and other great prizes.
Stay informed, stay motivated, win free stuff, join today!

Click Here To Sign Up Free

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...