See Female Bodybuilder Photos And Pictures

Thursday, February 26, 2009

An Interview With Protein Legend Rheo H. Blair

Charles Welling is writing a book on Hollywood nutritionist Rheo H. Blair. He writes about his research at rheohblair.blogspot.com. If you are interested in learning more about Rheo H. Blair, please read Charles’ blog to find out more about this amazing man.

How did you meet Rheo Blair and how was your relationship with him?
CW: It began with Rheo’s frequent guest appearances on ABC Television’s A.M. Los Angeles with Regis Philbin in the late 1970’s. His segments dealt with a variety of topics, healthy recipes which he demonstrated in the studio kitchen, exercises – he jumped on his mini trampoline once, etc. His most popular appearances were when he brought before and after photos of his students – blown up very large and mounted on foam board — whose bodies and health had been dramatically – and I mean dramatically — transformed under Blair’s guidance. These were remarkable, eye popping photographs of people, mostly young men, showing how they looked before Blair’s program and again a few weeks later after working with Blair. The photos and the stories of health transformation that went with them really got my mother’s attention whenever she saw Rheo on the show. You see I had been a sickly child and my parents did not know where to turn for help; they had tried several approaches. Finally, having seen many of his cases on Philbin’s show, my parents contacted Rheo and set up an appointment to speak with him at his home. I vividly recall that day, seeing all the before and afters and realizing that here was a program that could give me the health and vitality that had eluded me for so long. Rheo saw my interest and enthusiasm and immediately accepted me as a client – which was a stroke of great luck for me since he had a lengthy waiting list at any given time. I moved in with him two weeks later and stayed for several months during which time I was under his 24 hour care and tutelage. Each day I consumed several hundred grams of protein, supplements in the form of 500 capsules and pills – and again, this is each day. In addition I underwent three hours of blood circulation enhancing physical therapy treatments Monday through Friday, did a few minutes of light exercise and slept 12 to 16 hours a day. That, in a nutshell, was the Blair program that transformed my health and made me one of his before and afters.
The journey of healing during the transformation was, for the most part, very pleasant. Rheo and I got along well; indeed he was easy to get along with! Rheo was a people lover and people loved him. He was such a fascinating person; unlike anyone else I have ever met. He treated me very well and was generous with his time and attention. And there was always something interesting going on at his home. I can’t tell you how many Hollywood celebrities I met during my time there. It was a thrilling experience in so many ways.

What was Rheo H. Blair’s real name? Why did he change it?
CW: His given name was Irvin P. Johnson.

Read The Complete Interview Here:

Get Optimum 100% Whey Protein! Bodybuilding.com's Protein Powder of the Year -4 years in a row!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...